You’re a prospective freshman or transfer student?
When you apply to UMBC through the Common Application, complete the Writing Supplement for the Honors College. Or, if you’re also applying to a Scholars Program at UMBC, check the box on your Scholars Program application to have it considered as your application to the Honors College as well.
You’re already a student at UMBC?
If you’re already an established student at UMBC, you can apply to the Honors College at any time by submitting a downloaded application to us via email. Established students are welcome to meet with an Honors College staff member to discuss their prospective membership before submitting an application.
Fall Deadlines for Honors College applicants:
- Freshmen (Priority Decision): November 1
- Freshmen (Regular Decision): February 1
- Transfer (Priority): March 1
- Transfer (Regular): June 1
- Transfer (Priority): October 15
- Transfer (Regular): December 1